Thanksgiving 2012 - The "anti-special occasion"
This year for Thanksgiving week we had the pleasure of hosting Tyler's parents, fondly known as Nanny and Papa. We had a "special" time together -- going for walks, playing together... and enduring a nasty stomach bug. Unfortunately, we were not able to have our planned Thanksgiving dinner, because Tyler and Nanny both spent that day feeling very sick. Poor Nanny spent much of the morning hidden away in her little guest room, trying to avoid any wafting food aromas, and not long after Tyler was also down for the count. Since we weren't able to sit around the table together, Papa and I skipped right to the leftovers phase of the meal, eating turkey sandwiches that night for dinner. On a day when we remember to give thanks, I can say I was very thankful for Tyler's dad, who provided much help and support in tending to the ill and caring for little Madelyn. I am also thankful that all five of us were not sick that day (I did get the bug the following Monday night, but thankfully not as badly as Tyler and Nanny). Needless to say, I don't have any photos of a beautiful meal or the family smiling around the table. However, I can share a few shots of Madelyn enjoying time with her grandparents.
![]() |
| Everyone healthy again! |





No comments:
Post a Comment